A pizza stone can help provide even cooking.This makes it a great tool not just for making pizza, but also for turning your cranky gas range into a sure and steady cooking machine. When you're not using it for actual baking, place your baking stone on the floor of your oven or on the lowest rack.
Furthermore, how do you bake with a pizza stone?
To use a pizza stone for baking pizza, follow these steps:
- Place your pizza stone in a cold oven.
- Preheat to 500 F. Once the oven is preheated, so is the stone.
- Slide the pizza onto the stone.
- Bake until cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove the pizza and turn off the oven.
- When cool, brush the stone, don't wash it.
Also, should I leave my pizza stone in the oven?
Some people keep their stones in their ovens to create more-even heat for other baking. If you do this, be aware that it will take the oven longer to heat. Also, never leave it in the oven during the self-cleaning cycle because it may break.
Should I oil my pizza stone?
You should NEVER apply oil to a pizza stone. A stone is a porous ceramic surface, unlike the smooth surface of cast iron and it will not season like cast iron. Back the temperature down to the temperature needed 10 minutes before you put the bread/pizza in. Do not put it in water and don't apply oil to it, EVER!
How do I cook pizza in a gas oven?
Cooking pizza in tiny gas oven with pizza stone
- Preheat oven with stone for at least 30 min at 425 F.
- Put dough in for about 2 min by itself.
- Layer on toppings.
- Push back into oven for 10-15 minutes (depends on the oven)