You can, but your computer would stop working because Windows is the operating system, the software that makes it tick and provides a platform for programs, like your web browser, to run on. Without an operating system your laptop is just a box of bits that do not know how to communicate with one another, or you.
Also asked, how do I fix Windows 10 operating system not found?
Method 1. Fix MBR/DBR/BCD
- Boot up the PC that is having an Operating system not found error and then insert the DVD/USB.
- Then press any key to boot from the external drive.
- When Windows Setup shows up, set keyboard, language, and other required settings, and press Next.
- Then select Repair your PC.
Subsequently, question is, how do I reinstall the operating system on my laptop?
Insert the operating system CD if you do not have access to a restore CD. Shut down the computer and restart it. The computer will boot from the CD, and when the operating system menu is displayed, you will have the option to reload the operating system files.
How do I fix missing operating system on my computer?
Fix #2: Change or reset the BIOS configuration
- Restart the computer.
- Press the necessary key to open BIOS menu.
- If the screen shows multiple keys, find the key to open “BIOS”, “setup” or “BIOS menu”
- Check the BIOS' main screen to see whether it detects the hard drive, and the boot order to see if it is set correctly.
How do I restore my operating system?
, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue. In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.