If the box is uncheckable (grayed out), most likely shared workbook protection is on. To unprotect the workbook, click OK to close the Share Workbook dialog box, and then click the Unprotect Shared Workbook button on the Review tab, in the Changes group.
In this regard, how do I enable Unshare workbook button?
Turning off the Shared Workbook feature
- Click OK to close the Share Workbook dialog box.
- On the Review tab, click Protect Workbook.
- If you are prompted, enter the password, and then click OK.
- On the Review tab, Share Workbook.
- On the Editing tab, clear the Allow changes by more than one user check box.
Subsequently, question is, how do you remove someone from an Excel file?
Select someone from the list of active users and click Remove User to remove a specific user. Click OK to close the window after removing as many users as you want.
How do you make multiple Excel sheets editable?
Set up a shared workbook
- Click the Review tab.
- Click Share Workbook in the Changes group.
- On the Editing tab, click to select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time.
- In the Save As dialog box, save the shared workbook on a network location where other users can gain access to it.
Can multiple users edit Excel at the same time?
Click Share Workbook in the Review tab. Click Editing and check the "Allow changes by more than one user" box. Click Advanced and select the track changes and update features you want to use. As other users edit and save the workbook, each person's copy will update.